serial conversion with speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Nov 2 08:30:46 EST 2004

This is interesting and welcome news. I hope you succeed and look
forward to trying your approach out.

But let me comment on the general issue. Of course we want to be able to
install unaided. That's one of the powerful features of Speakup. But, a
little inconvenience up front is a small thing, imho, over being able to
run Linux with Speakup conveniently for the life of the laptop. Remember
the goal and keep your eyes on the prize, as the saying goes.