ot; cleaning up noise in music files

Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za> willem at top.health.gov.za
Mon Nov 1 02:20:52 EST 2004

Hi,
If you have sighted assistence, gwc (gnome wave ccleaner),  is the best
program under linux that i know of.
Gramofile works, but its menus is a pain with speech and the filtering is
not nearly as good as that of gwc.
When you get to the "process audio signal" screen in gramofile, you should
try the default filter, but repeate it about another three times to get
good results.
You can press enterthree times once you are on the right place to make the
filter used four times in a single run.
I reasently also found a command line tracksplitter program.
one can give it understandable paramaters allowing for good results.  I
never use gramofile's track splitting feature as i found that does not
work well at all.
HTH
Willem