is there a way to play this stream in GNU/Linux

David Csercsics david at really.isa-geek.net
Mon May 31 18:12:47 EDT 2004

>It'll take somework, but if you use Links the chain, you might be able to
>figure out what kind of stream it is and set up a file assosciation - why
>they don't use mime types and mailcap is beyond me, but ...

Nope that won't work. I tried it with the talking mozilla which is
perfectly capable at reading javascript pages. No attempt at all was
made to play the stream. So the only way you'll get this to work is
if you download the javascript source and try to figure out what URL
it's actually streaming the data from. Too many websites ar using
these stupid embedded players to stream audio! It's getting to be
more annoying all the time. I don't know  why they don't have enough
intelligence to just give you a link directly to the stream!