interesting lockup with Slackware current

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Mon May 31 12:10:34 EDT 2004

Hello folks,
  I have installed the current Slackware distribution with the 2.4.26 Speakup modified kernel onto a computer. When the machine boots up, it gets to the point of starting the sendmail daemon, but then the entire machine locks up, Speakup included. Is there any way of booting into single-user mode with lilo so I can disable sendmail from starting?

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve at steve-audio.net
MSN: steve at steve-audio.net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net