burning knopix image to cd

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Mon May 31 11:15:01 EDT 2004

Page 1
HOW TO WRITE MMORE
-90
MINUTE CD-R
For higher capacity (80 minute Plus) disc recording, one should need
CD-Recorder
that must supports oversize CD-Recording along-with writing software, which
also
must have over burn facility. AHEAD's NERO BURNING ROM is very good
software for this purpose. This software is available for 30 days trial
version at
Web-site www.nero.com & it can be easily downloaded.
Procedure for Recording MMORE-90Min Disc
STEP 1:
Install NERO BURNING ROM software & ensure it is working properly with your
CD-
Recorder.
STEP 2:
Verify whether the CD-Recorder you are using, supports over burning, Please
follow as below:
Go to Choose
Recorder
menu. In this dialog box, see the drive information by
selecting your
CD-Recorder
(drive will be highlighted by selecting). Here you can
check that whether your Recorder supports over burn or not support.
Hint: Sometimes by writer firmware up gradation also, you can make your CD-
Recorder enable for over burn, therefore we strongly recommend to up date
your
CD-Recorder with latest available firmware.
Fig 1 : Over burn support or not ?

Page 2
Now I will tell you, how to check the capacity of CD-R disc you are using
for recording. This
confuse to generally every-one. Please follow as below:
STEP 3:
Go to
Recorder
menu & then select
Medium Info
. In this dialog box, you will see
that total capacity is 00:00:00 (0 MB) & available capacity 10:00:00 (88
MB). This
is absolutely OK for our MBI-90 minute CDR.
Fig 2 : Total & available disc Capacity ?
STEP 4:
Now, I will explain you how to check amount of data ( Source length ).
Please follow as below:
Go to
File
menu & then select
Write CD
( If you have not made any compilation
earlier then please make it first by selecting
New Compilation
). In this dialog
box, select
Info
, this will give you information about amount of data.
Please note that this should be always less than
Maximum CD Length
,
which we will select in
Expert Feature
.
Always use
disc at-once
method only while writing at over sized CD-R.

Page 3
Fig 3 : Source file Length ?
STEP 5:
Now, the most important setting- about Expert Feature & over burn Maximum CD
length. Please
do the following:
Go to
File
menu, select
Preferences
, and then select
Expert Feature
. This is
the main area where you have to select
Enable over burn
& enter
90min 2 sec
0 frame
. Then press OK. This will allow you to make over size burning. ( Please
refer fig 4 )
After making these settings, start
writing
. When you press write button, it will
ask the confirmation about
over burn
by showing another window. You have to
press
Write over burn CD
. ( Please refer fig 5 )

Page 4
Fig 4 : Over burn length setting

Page 5
Fig 5 : Write Over burn CD
This way you can easily record over size disc.