extracting control info from deb packages

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Sat May 29 17:16:34 EDT 2004

Hi Ameer,

In order to get the info your looking for you'll need to get the
source package for the package your wanting to recompile.
You can do this by putting an entry like the following in
/etc/apt/sources.list
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib
non-free
Then to fetch the package do something like:
apt-get source package_name
Make sure your in
 an empty directory when you do this because all the
files that are downloaded will be placed from with in the directory
that you run the apt-get command.

Tom