redhat firewall and network

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed May 26 17:17:37 EDT 2004

Does anybody know from experience whether the firewall set up by saying
"ok" to "firewall" in the fedora installation would inhibit communication
between two computers via ssh and scp. When both of my boxes ere debian, I
was able to hook up the two with an ethernet cable )was not doing this when
online) and assign ips and do file transfers and ssh, etc. Now I can't do
this; I get errors about the destination being unreachable or the
connection closed or no route to host. Before I start trying to redo my
firewalling, especially since I eventually intend to have the two
computers in a network when on line, I'd like to know if anybody has
experienced this and found the firewall or something else to be the cause.
I did try several times with two different cables, so I can probably rule
out a bad cable though of course not 100%.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl

"Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."