200 gb hdd partitions

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Sun May 23 19:07:00 EDT 2004

fat32 does have a limit, but it is definitely not 32 GB. I know this because
I have an external hard drive which I at one time had formatted with fat32,
and the capasity of that drive was 80 GB. However, as fat32 partitions are
made larger, the performance of the filesystem degrades rapidly after about
40 GB. This is true whether or not you are using this much space. Simply
having it that large will cause the problem to serfice. I am with Roy on the
recommendation to use a different FS if you can.
- ---
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
note, the following is used for automated processing. Please leave in tact
if quoting me in a reply.
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7