kernel packages

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Sat May 22 18:54:05 EDT 2004

Hi all,
I'm currently working on building some precompiled kernel packages, and I
need people willing to test them out. I am primarily targeting Slackware
users with these packages, but I am building the packages so that they could
be installed on any distribution. These packages include both the kernel
itself (vmlinuz), and a set of kernel modules. The following features are
included:

* Speakup screen reader.
* Kernel and modules optemized for several processors
* Ability to boot from either ext3 or XFS root filesystems.
* Extended attribute and access control lists (ACL's) for EXT2, EXT3,
XFS, and NFS filesystems.
* Support for most IDE controlers compiled in, and support for most SCSI
controlers as modules.
* IDE-SCSI support.
* CD packet writing support.
* Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) modules for sound support.
* A set of kernel modules which provide features needed by most users. (USB,
IEEE1394, TCP/IP, etc.)

As I said, I want to test them before making them publically available. If
you would be willing to test these packages out, please email me off list.
Please include your processor type so that I can instruct you as to which
file to download. At this time, I have kernels optimized for the following
platforms:

i386
i486
i586 (for Pentium, Pentium II, Pentium III, AMD K5, and AMD K6)
Athlon
Pentium IV

If you think I've left any out, please let me know. thanks in advance to
testers.
---
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
note, the following is used for automated processing. Please leave in tact
if quoting me in a reply.
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7