Fedora 2 install

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Sat May 22 15:41:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

     Thanks for the description.  In your case, it looks like it didn't
even start talking, yuck!  As I said, I can't do an installation until
tomorrow, so I burned the first CD and went as far as the screen that
asks whether you want to upgrade your existing system, or do a fresh
installation.  I see that Jacob was successful, so all is not lost.  Can
you and Steve find a way to check the md5 sum of the first disk.  Nick,
since you're already running a version of Fedora, you can do:
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5 --verbose /dev/<name_of
_your_cd_device>
Or, both of you can download the MD5SUM file from the same place that FC2
came from, and do:
md5/dev/<cd_name>.  Then, compare the results with the appropriate line in
the MD5SUM file.  If that comparison fails, go to the same directory
containing the ISO files and do:
md5sum -c MD5SUM
  Be ware of the case in the MD5SUM filename, it's upper.  You'll get
errors on files that you don't have, but you need to succeed on the ones
you do have, of course.
          HTH.
          Bill