2.6 Kernels and ALSA

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Thu May 20 07:42:03 EDT 2004

Hi.  The alsa version in 2.6 kernels doesn't seem to lag behind any
more.  I'm running 2.6.5 with the kernel alsa modules.  When I cat
/proc/asound/version I get
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.4rc2 (Tue Mar 30
08:19:30 2004 UTC).

When I build a 2.6.3 kernel, I noticed the alsa support in it was also
current.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny