Look what I found, Why wasn't it installed

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed May 19 21:59:37 EDT 2004

Hi, Karen:

I think all distributions provide mechanisms to install some things and
not others. In the case of Fedora Core, which is after all the subject
of our installation HOWTO referred to in this exchange, the default
selection is likely to install graphical components and exclude some
console components. Clearly, this is disadvantageous to the blind user
because our only good access right now is exclusively on the console.
Therefore the big deal about whether lynx is, or is not provided by
Fedora.

It is--but you can make installation mistakes that would keep it from
being installed. Our attempt to forestall that is the paras cited below.

And, of course, as the paras also say, the easiest way to be sure you
get it all, meaning anything you could or might want to use, is to
select to install "everything." That's an actual choice that you can
check.