Look what I found, Why wasn't it installed

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed May 19 17:06:28 EDT 2004

nick G writes:
> From: nick G <nick6489 at optonline.net>
>
> The subject says it all, I found Lynx.  Sorry about that bogus Claim.  I based it on what Anaconda did for my system.
> Thanks,

May I remind you of what we write in the HOWTO on this subject? Our
words are not gratuitous. They're there for a reason. Here's a quote a
pro pos this very subject:

"     * You'll be asked what kind of installation you want to perform.
This screen offers the following selections: Personal Desktop,
Workstation, Server,
       Laptop, Custom, Update. We very strongly advice that you choose
       "Server." Unfortunately, the "Personal Desktop," "Workstation"
       and "Laptop"
              installation classes skew their package and configuration
	      selections to GUI users, and this is highly
	      disadvantageous to the speech and braille
	             user who will find that some important, text-based
		     programs, like the Lynx world wide web browser, for
		     example, are not installed.
"		          * You will be asked what packages you wish to
			  * install. There's a very long list of
			  * available packages, and you could certainly
			  * add anything you
			         don't install now later, but this would
				 be a nuisance at best and tends to be
				 confusing to the BEGINNER. We recommend