obtaining Speakup CVS

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Mon May 17 10:54:45 EDT 2004

Hi all.  Two things to consider when you are trying to get the cvs
version of speakup with the checkout script.

1.  You must have the cvs software installed.  You can type cvs
--version to find out whether this is the case.

2.  You should * NOT * install speakup 1.5 before trying to use
checkout.  In other words, you should start with an unpatch kernel
source tree.  If you've already used the checkout script to install the
cvs version of Speakup, then running it again will properly upgrade your
cvs version of speakup, but if you are running checkout for the first
time, then don't try to install speakup 1.5 first.

Finally, as others have said, make sure the checkout script is
executable.  I usually put the checkout in /usr/src, and run ../checkout
while I'm in the top level directory of the source tree I want to patch,
such as /usr/src/linux-2.4.26 for example.

Hope this helps.

Gene