Talking Gentoo?

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon May 17 09:04:08 EDT 2004

Hi.  I just installed Gentoo on a new system last week.  I just
downloaded and burned their livecd.  I had to use the "smp" kernel to
get speakup, but It worked.  I wouldn't recommend installing Gentoo
unless you have a lot of time and want to learn how a Linux system is
built up.  If you use the "gentoo-dev-sources" kernel source when you
build the kernel you will get a 2.6.5 kernel with a recent version of
speakup.  The version of speakup still has the cut and paist bug, so you
will probably be better off emerging cvs and building your kernel from
kernel.org sources.  Either way, you will be building a kernel during
the install.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny