ot: Linux 2.6.6 and ghost users

Ryan Mann rmann at rmisp.net
Sun May 16 20:54:42 EDT 2004

Hello.  Ever since I upgraded to Linux kernel 2.6.6 I've
noticed that the "w" and the "users" command says that there
are more users logged in than are actually logged in.  For
example, I would log in as "rmann" then I would logout and
log in as "root".  I use the "w" command and it says that
there are two users logged in even though root is the only
one logged in.  I use the "users" command to see who this
supposed other user is and says that the users "root and
"rmann" are logged in.  I know "rmann" isn't logged in
because I had just logged out of that account.  Is this a
bug in 2.6.6?
Thanks.

Ryan Mann