dectalk pc and speakup

Chris Schulte cschulte at netsportsradio.com
Fri May 14 23:58:22 EDT 2004

Hello all,
I've been told by some people that recently there has been progress made
in getting speakup to work with the dectalk pc synthesizer.  I
understand that the drawback has been loading the firmware along with
the kernel, not necessarily the most accurate way of putting it, but
this is basically what I understand.  Has the dectalk pc been included
in the list of supported synths for speakup?  I looked at the faq, and
didn't see it, but according to the site the file was last modified in
2002, so I figure a lot has happened since then.
Please let me know what has been happening on this front.
Chris Schulte