memory /swap question: possibly also tmpfs question

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat May 8 12:41:43 EDT 2004

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. When my server gets booted, about 80
mb of ram is used with no swap. However, after the uptime gets to
about 2 days or so, I notice that all but 4k or so of my ram is used,
and a bit of swap. It makes no difference if my system has 128m or
256m, or 384m of ram installed, the free amount of ram after about 2
days uptime is still about 4 k. Since this was happening from the
beginning, I assumed that it was normal, but was wondering what was
causing it. Also I don't have any tmpfs here.

Greg