flite voices

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat May 8 12:32:17 EDT 2004

It looks to me like anybody using flite in the debian unstable
distribution now has the 16K voices linked in as the default.
This doesn't change the fact that speech dispatcher used the 8K voice, but
if you are using the debian package you'll notice right away the
difference in the voices. I wondered why everybody thought the flite voice
was so terrible until I loaded speech dispatcher with flite as the
default module--yuck is right!!!

--
Cheryl