lynx and multiline edit fields

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Wed May 5 17:16:00 EDT 2004

Display, no, but you can do control x, then e.
This will transfer you to an editor (I use nano), where you have some more
control over the text.

If your editor shows only portions of lines (lines that are wider than the
screen, and don't automaticly wrap), you can add a space, save back out to
lynx, tell it to "wrap lines to fit displaied area", then control X E
again.
You should then have wrapped lines, in a better-than-lynx format.

It's a PITA.  I don't blame lynx, however--I blaim the @^&*# web
developers, who place terms of service agreements, and things of that
sort, within textareas.

Luke

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Janina Sajka wrote:

> <textarea> is one of the HTML tags that's a real dinosaur.
>
> Igor Gueths writes:

Foreign Aid: Taxing poor people in rich countries for the benefit of
rich people in poor countries. - Bernard Rosenberg