Lost Speech

Kevin Roggeman kevin.roggeman at insightbb.com
Sun May 2 17:24:27 EDT 2004

Hello,

Yesterday I ran the up2date utility and updated many packages on my system.  Since then my system has been locking up after five minutes or so.

I noticed that when I did the update that the kernel was not updated.  I went ahead and updated it.  I realize it now that it was a bad move, I lost the speech.  Although, it doesn't lock up anymore.

I tried to install the kernel from the Fedora disks, but still no speech.  The lockup problem is back.

Can I install an RPM from the Fedora disks to get the speech back?

Thanks,

Kevin