(OT but frustrating) can't start cable connection on boot

Glenn Ervin at Home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Sun May 2 17:07:10 EDT 2004

It's possible that it is not the operating system, or your computer at all.
When I have trouble with my broadband connection, I was told by my ISP to
turn off the power to the modem, and router, if present.  I do this by
pulling the power cord off the back for about 5 seconds, and put it back,
and wait for about half a minute, and try and connect.
Hope this helps.
Glenn.