Init scripts for speech-dispatcher and speechd_up

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun May 2 14:01:06 EDT 2004

Ok, both speech-dispatcher and speechd_up loaded on boot, but I got no
speech that way.
My /var/log/speechd-up showed the following:
[Sun May  2 07:21:19 2004] speechd: Speechd-speakup starts!
[Sun May  2 07:21:19 2004] speechd:   ERROR: [y: this command is not
supported]
I went all through Shaun's speechd_up file, thinking maybe i had
accidentally messed something up when editing out of the email, but i
didn't see anything.

Any ideas?
It's loading fine and talking with dectalk now when I don't let
speech-dispatcher load at boot or kill it after login and reload.
By the way, why is it called speechd-up.log when the package is
speechd_up; any reason or just a mistype?

Thanks.

--
Cheryl