Help! The Dectalk PC is hosing my clock!

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun May 2 11:04:39 EDT 2004

Hi Adam:  I think I am useing the decpc 1.  I got my first pc in 1994 and these
orriginal drivers are from 1993.
I have never noticed any dectalk clock related issues, however, I receive alot
of console messages like, rtc cannot update from 59 to 4.
If the dectalk is talking while any audio file is playing, the audio  hickups
You mentioned that you had read some of the archives, but I will go over some
observations-and-concerns.  I will be quite interested to see if you experience
any or all of these.
Yes the ' is quite messed up.
Next, even with a dectalk express as well, if we reboot and the first time we
encounter a capital which raises pitch, the regular pitch moves down until the
next reboot.
Unless you interrupt speech in the first 1 second, you may not be able to for 8
or 10 seconds while reading or cursoring.
I cannot switch to single digit numbers.
If there are letters and numbers or numbers and punctuation in the same word,
the dectalk reads them all charactor by charictor.
Lastly Adam, if you ever get your dectalk running with YASR, please let me
know.
Thanks for listening
Hart