Kernel 2.4.22-2j

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Sun May 2 10:55:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

     You need to set the default in Grub.  Normally, when you install a
kernel RPM, it is put at the top of the list.  On line 10 of
/boot/grub/grub.conf, you'll find a line that says: default <number>.
Check to see where your new kernel is in the list, and set the line
accordingly.  For example, default 0
now, make your initial RAM-disk.
mkinitrd -v -f /boot/initrd-2.4.22-2j.nptlspk2.img --with=speakup_<synth>
2.4.22-2j.nptlspk2
     If you need help, call.

          HTH.
--