Dectalk information

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat May 1 13:22:04 EDT 2004

does anybody know whether or not the dectalkRT can be run in other
languages. the website says it has multilanguage support and I see all
sorts of what look like phoneme files for different languages in
/usr/local/src/DECtalk but the only .dic file I have is the us one.
I've emailed fonix about this and the problems with end of wave files and
the install issues, first to the sales email and then to the support one
and suppose i will end up calling because I've heard nothing back. Though
there are apparently some online manuals (pdf!!!) it wasn't clear to me
which if any pertained to the rt, and since they charge for support I want
to be careful about ending in a situation where I have to pay them. So if
anybody knows about the language issues and which if any manuals I should
download from their website, I'd appreciate the information.

By the way, I'm hearing on the emacspeak list that there are some issues
with dectalk-5.0 and emacspeak, so perhaps it is doing some things
differently on our systems than 4.61 did.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl