g++ problems

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at sent.com
Wed Mar 31 17:33:43 EST 2004

In addition to using g++ instead of gcc, you must be sure your
source file has the .cpp extension, and not simply .c

g++ and gcc are symbolic links to the same compiler. Depending on
which name you use to invoke it, different starting assumptions
are made, different header files expected, different libraries
used, etc.

Chuck