LNetwork cards?

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 30 09:40:58 EST 2004

I'm about to set up a Debian 3 system with Speakup, using the talking boot
disks.  I currently have a wireless lan.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of
any currently available 802.11B/G cards which work with Linux, undoubtably.
I know there are some cards where the company kept the same model number,
but changed chipsets so that newer cards no longer work with Linux, because
of lack of documentation on the new chipset, etc.  The Linksys WMP11 is one
example.
If I can't get a wireless card going, what is a good recommendation for a
standard Ethernet card that would work?  I'd preferably like one which would
work right out of the box, and would be recognized immediately so I could
set up the network during the install.
Thanks for any help.
Jayson.