linux and accessibility applications

Effortless Union with the Divine omeron at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 19:46:15 EST 2004

What an awesome list, talk of Microsoft holding back the blind community
by shackling us with unusable garbage. They will get left behind,
something has started, it has started very subtly, but it has started.
If we can pave the way for the blind masses, we can ease their
transition into a sane computing environment. People yack on and on
about productivity, equating it with currency. Linux increases
productivity by at least five-fold. So much wasted effort, time, and
energy go into simply doing the most moronically basic thing in
Windoze. Conversely, people yack on and on about cost, equating it with
productivity, trying to cut corners to build the cheapiest crappiest
usable machine to sell to the lowest bidder. A free screenreading
package and operating system combined with a hardware synthesizer could
rival or beat a subpar XP machine.

So people have started discussion console or GUI, does that mean that
some have considered undertaking writing speech for X/Windows or Gnome?
personally, at least in the here and now, Windows has caused
GUI-burnout, and the text shell seems like a refreshing glass of water
on an abnormally hot day without air conditioning due to a power loss.

--
Currently playing: Koxbox
Good Vibes Radio:

Omeron - Effortless Union with the Divine