Dectalk Linux Question

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Mar 28 13:02:53 EST 2004

No, nothing of the kind.  It means that for now there is a reliable
interface to software synthesizers with speakup.  I hope that gets
better because then I don't have to do all the support for the various
software synths but tuxtalk has a lot of good potential and it's still
smaller than all the other software synths hands down.  I have the
problem of time so if there are other solutions which can take the
pressure off me to provide software synthesis then that's great! IMHO

I'm absolutely sure I can make tuxtalk more responsive than any of the
other softsynths available currently.  Whether I can make it speak as
clearly or not I'm not sure yet.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061