Testing PGP on List

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Thu Mar 25 16:07:14 EST 2004

I've tried the filter stuff you suggested to put the output into
filtertest. What I get there regarding the beginning and end of gpg output
is the following:

^[]9;1080247911^G[-- PGP output follows (current time: Thu Mar 25
14:51:53 2004) --]
gpg: Signature made Thu Mar 25 13:56:00 2004 CST using DSA key ID
45CBBABD
gpg: Good signature from "Thomas Stivers
<stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org>"
gpg:                 aka "Thomas Stivers <tstivers at austin.rr.com>"
gpg:                 aka "Thomas Stivers <stivers_t at mail.utexas.edu>"
gpg:                 aka "Thomas Stivers <tstivers at austin.rr.com>"
gpg:                 aka "Thomas Stivers
<stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: EEB7 D6FA 8D1B 0607 8D62  2D36 E492 BAD5 45CB
BABD

^[]9;1080247911^G[-- End of PGP output --]

I've looked at the gpgfilter.sh script, but it looks like it's already
setup to take care of the 9;1080 ... stuff in front. I'm also using
your script directly like you posted it, the only thing I modified is
escaping the control chars that were giving me sed errors like you
suggested. I'll have to think some more on this.

I'm using the sed that comes with slackware 9.1 (GNU sed version 3.02)
if that makes a difference.

Greg