A question for Shane W about changing synths in Sarge

Doug Sutherland wearable at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 21 15:03:38 EST 2004

Thomas wrote:

 > You don't *need* to run it, but it *will* be run the next time a
 > kernel-image Debian package is installed and if you don't take
 > that into account when editing the menu.lst then your changes may
 > be wiped out.

Okay, well back to original question, of simply how to add a new
kernel parm ... editing menu.lst ... that does it! This debian
thing about wiping out changes sounds like more trouble than "help"
Sorry, I don't want to start a flame war LOL. I built my grub from
source and have never run update-grub, probably never will.

   -- Doug