Mandrake Linux and speakup

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 21 02:42:21 EST 2004

Hi, Jes.
I use Mandrake 9.2, but as far as I know I am the only one on this list that
does use Mandrake regularly.  I've had several problems getting speakup to
compile with Mandrake's kernel source package.
You really want Mandrake's kernel source rather than a generic  kernel
source as Mandrake has added stuff like supermount support, some extra
drivers, and some other things that are not in the stock kernel source from
kernel.org.
If I could figure out why speakup wasn't compiling currectly I'd probably
maintain a speakup enabled Mandrake version for download, or at least
speakup kernel rpms on the web site.
However, even though speakup at this point hasn't been cooperating with
Drake I am using emacspeak, flite, and yasr which all work fine under drake.