A question for Shane W about changing synths in Sarge

Doug Sutherland wearable at cogeco.ca
Sat Mar 20 17:58:30 EST 2004

 > grub is still from what I understand development software therefore buggy.
 > lilo is stable and easy to use.

Grub pretty stable over here. I switched to grub after many years of using
lilo and I love it. There is no need to install grub when you compile a
kernel or even add a new partition. Yesterday I did a slackware install.
I edited grub's menu.lst telling it where slackware will be *before* I
even installed slackware. I didn't instruct slackware to install lilo.
And grub just worked for the new slackware.

I don't think lilo is any easier, just familiar to more people.

   -- Doug