Spoken interface for Mac OS X

David Poehlman poehlman1 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 11:04:58 EST 2004

There are quite a few potential beta candidates out there.  I am one of them
who has a titanium g4 powerbook running osx but the only way I can currently
use it is with os9 and outspoken for the mac.  There are lots of people for
one reason or another who are currently not working in some places because
there is no screen reading access to osx for the blind.  The last qquestion
on the survey askes if you would preview spoken interface.  No mention is
made anywhere of the status of the spoken interface except that it is in the
early stages of development and will appear in the next upgrade of osx.
Right now, it only works with some internal stuff for the mac but this is
planned to be expandable with additions to the development kits for internal
and external use.  Don't expect to see a beta any time soon.