Does anyone have a copy of WordPerfect 5.1 for linux?

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 22:22:59 EST 2004

Hi, Cris.
I doubt you can get your hands on a WP 5.1 for Linux, but there are
alternatives to this. I am thinking of three of them right off of the top of
my head.

1. Download OpenOffice.org 1.1 from OpenOffice.org and get and install the
java-access-bridge for gnome.  After you configure everything right you can
get some use out of OpenOffice, but it has a long ways to go before it works
as well as Windows based wordprocessors.
2. You can purchase StarOffice 7, but it doesn't work that much better than
OpenOffice with gnopernicus.
3. Learn a markup language such as xml or html which is totally text based,
and works in any text editor you like.
I would choose xml as many computer manuals such as the Mandrake users
guides are written in xml, and printed out looking as good as if not better
than a high priced wordprocessor like MS Word.
It is simply a matter of learning xml, and learning on how to make the
document look good.
Hth.