Word Perfect: in memorium

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 19 22:16:27 EST 2004

Hi, Chuck.
I am in total agreement with you. In fact, I have scrapped MS Word and
wordperfect for the markup approach as it is way cheaper, and markup
languages have the advantage of being edited by any app you want.
For example if I am in gnome I can work on my document in gedit, or from the
console, emacs, nano,   pico, and probably lots of others.
It is also probably important to note that the gnome documentation project,
Mandrake Doc projects, as well as others write high quality manuals in xml,
and all pdf files, html versions, postscript versions, and print versions
all come directly from the xml file.
So the days of nicely tagged files is coming back in to fassion while the
period of wordprocessor mania is beginning to slacken off by power users.