Here maybe a solution to speech in X Windows:

hank smith hank at hanksmith.net
Thu Mar 18 18:25:16 EST 2004

what does this have to do with linux?
does x windows run on mac to?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Snow" <alex_snow at gmx.net>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: Here maybe a solution to speech in X Windows:

> for anyone who's interested in getting mac osx for free if you know
> someone who's a teacher or something go to apple's website and find
> the link for education. you can request a free cd. i'm not sure if
> this still works but I knew of a few people who got free copies of
> 10.2 last year.
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:35:25PM -0800, Janina Sajka
> wrote:
> > I saw the Mac screen reader this morning. It's quite impressive, even
though it's still pre-release. It will be in the next Mac OS release.

> > However, the comments on this list are way off the mark. This screen
reader enables Mac's own GUI interface for applications that conform to the
more recent Mac developer toolkit specs. That isn't the same thing as X
Windows. Let's be clear about that. This is NOT a path to GUI accessibility
on Linux.

<speakup at braille.uwo.ca>