linux

Jes and guide dog Harley jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Tue Mar 16 16:47:15 EST 2004

Hi Andrew. My name is Jess and I am from the good old United states.  I still consider myself a Linux newbie at heart, however let
me say this: The wealth and the vast amounts of documentation that is available right from your Linux system is well worth your
time and effort to read, and it sure as heaven and earth beat any help tech support could provide you in learning how an
application works. Also, I'm sure you are familiar with many an application for Windows that comes with absolutely no
documentation at all, just an installation and a program. That's not the case with Linux. Every program of the system, every
programming library, development package, etc. is all documented. As I've said before, it's well worth your time in reading it.
There's all the documentation you will ever want for Linux right from the system. Also, text console commands are much faster than
trying to arrow around and stuff. But again, I'll agree with what the others have said, it all depends on what you want Linux to
do for you, and you need to keep in mind that Linux was primarily, from my experience anyway, made for the internet. Just some
thoughts. Take care.
Jes
Email: jesman598 at triad.rr.com
Msn instant messenger: subman70 at hotmail.com