linux and accessibility applications

Bob Dodd Bob.Dodd at rocketmail.com
Tue Mar 16 05:27:42 EST 2004

With all applications, a lot comes down the the quality of the
libraries you link to. (For those who aren't programmers, libraries are
small parts of computer programs pre-written for you, either by the
people who wrote your 'C' or 'Java' compiler, or the people who wrote
your operating system, or that maybe you bought from someone else). If
your program spends a large amount of its time in library software,the
speed of your program becomes dependent on those libriaries. Sometimes
'Java' libraries are better written than their 'C' equivalents (though
often they are themselves written in 'C' or 'C++').

/bob dodd