speakup under vmware

Sean Murphy smmail at tpg.com.au
Mon Mar 15 21:05:26 EST 2004

Hi Alex and all.

1.  I have successfully got vmware to work on a Windows xp system.  I don't
remember adding serial ports, they were they by default .  I didn't have any
problems using debian sarge with speakup built into the kernal.
The othe rquestion in regards to what sscreen readers that work on a VMWare
environment is all linux screen readers.  VM stands for virtual machine.
Any os will work in this environment.  So you could run windows XP in a VM
machine and the host computer could be linux or windows 2k.  A host is the
original os that you booted up on.

Sorry that I could be any help with your problem.  I would suggest that you
kill the vm file and start again.

Sean