linux and accessibility applications

Deedra Waters dmwaters at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 15 20:07:11 EST 2004

The gui is a very very hard issue to solve. The problem with the gui right
now is that while gnopernicus is a good idea, it has a real real real long
way to go. I don't concidder it useable at all right now.

Gentoo's main goal though with the accessibility project is to eventually
have a gui config that works best to the disabled users needs, but untill
gnopernicus is in a useable state, that is very very dificult to do.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Alex Snow wrote:

> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:16:45 -0500
> From: Alex Snow <alex_snow at gmx.net>
> To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux. <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
> Subject: Re: linux and accessibility applications
>
> --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
> well there's jupiter and yasr. don't know anything about jupiter but
> yasr is pretty good. used it once.
>
> I'd like to see speakup in a distro, integrated seamlessly like in
> slackware. I'd also like to see the gui accessibility components
> preconfigured as best as possible so as to get a new user up and
> running quickly if the gui is what they want to use.
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004
> at 04:15:42PM -0600, Deedra Waters wrote:

> Always borrow money from a pessimist; he doesn't expect to be paid
> back.

> gpg: Signature made Mon Mar 15 18:16:45 2004 CST using DSA key ID 7AE2D75D
> gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
> PinePGP: Encryption backend encountered error.

- --
Gentoo Linux: dmwaters at gentoo.org
http://www.gentoo.org