gpg test, and a question

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Mon Mar 15 15:47:19 EST 2004

Hi all.

I have found the time to sit down, and join what seems to be an ever
widening circle of gpg users on this list. I want to see if my message
gets to the list, and I also have a question for those using gpg with
mutt.

When first testing my gpg and mutt setup, I was using the newer
signature type, where it I believe sends the signature as an
attachment. When using the newer signature format, I got the following
when reading test messages sent to myself.

Invoking gpg
Signature successfully verified

Followed by:

PGP output follows (current time: Mon Mar 15 14:29:44 2004) --]
gpg: Signature made Mon Mar 15 14:27:41 2004 CST using DSA key ID
79725320
gpg: Good signature from "Gregory Nowak <greg at romuald.net.eu.org>"
[-- End of PGP output --]

[-- The following data is signed --]

In addition, mutt's status bar said "NS" for new and signed message.

However, after putting

set pgp_create_traditional=yes

in my .muttrc, all I get in my signed messages now is: