crimping ethernet without eyes

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Mar 15 06:16:40 EST 2004

Now that you bring up phone cables, I've done that.  In my experience,
the phone cords I worked with were flat inside so the four wires laid
out in a strait line.  I used a crimping tool that would cuto off the
old connecter and strip the four leads at the correct length; I could
then put the new plug in a special spot on the crimper and slip the
phone cable into the plug; just crimp down the handles and I have a
perfectly working phone plug.  I saw a similar tool for network cables
but hesitated to buy it for the simple reason that most network cables
I've had anything to do with were round and pairs twisted inside.
Once the proper orientation is achieved with the wires, I could use
this other tool to acomplish the same results.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 01:03:41PM -0600, Luke Davis wrote:
> The same question applies to crimping phone cable.
>
> I wonder if someone on the blindhandyman list might have some idea.
>
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Alex Snow wrote:

> > Hi all.
> > Has anyone found a solution for crimping the ends on ethernet cables
> > without being able to see what color the wires are? I would like to be
> > able to make these network cables since I often need small 6-ft wires
> > and don't feel like going to the store everythime I need one.

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://ld.net/?holmesgrown