Help! I've screwed up my computer!

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 14 21:30:10 EST 2004

What I was talking about is a device which goes in to your system which
hookes up to your primary master IDE cabling. Then, you have plastic cases,
called trays,  which you put your hard drives in to. What you do is shut
down your system activate the release on the unit which allows you to pull
the plastic tray from your system with a hard drive in it and instantly
insert a new tray with another drive in it. To swop a hard drive with this
method takes about 30 seconds to release drive 1 and insert drive 2. The
catch 22 is always to make sure your system is fully shut down before
changing drives, and to slide the tray in strait or you might break the port
on the back which hooks on the port inside the unit.
Anyway, I think the system is quite nice, but always remember to handle it
gentally as one drop and goodbye hard drive or push it in too hard and too
fast and goodbye drive tray.