debian sarge question

Shane Wegner shane-keyword-speakup.aca783 at cm.nu
Sun Mar 14 15:53:05 EST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 12:43:42PM -0500, Alex Snow wrote:
> hafve one problem: apt seems to have selected the stable distro as it's
> source of packages even though I told it to use testing during the
> install. I replaced stable with testing in /etc/apt/sources.list but now
> it can't find the packages on ftp. does anyone know hwo to change this
> and still have apt work?

Probably a bug in sources.list.  It should look something like this.
deb     http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
#deb-src     http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb     http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src     http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free

The deb-src lines aren't necessary unless you need apt-get
source to work.  Otherwise, remember to apt-get update
before apt-get dist-upgrade.

Hth,
Shane

--