call center for blind / visually impaired

Darrell Shandrow nu7i at azboss.net
Sat Mar 13 18:53:37 EST 2004

Hi Symbian,

I think the most important element of a call center where the blind could
work is the accessibility of all the technology required to do the job.  For
example, the telephone system should be simple to use or otherwise, if
complex, accessible to a blind person using a screen reader on their
computers.  Similarly, the customer relationship management (CRM) software
must also be accessible to screen readers.  If you use Siebel 7.0, then you
would have trouble, but Siebel's version 7.5 running in "standard
interactivity" mode can be made rather accessible.

If you make the technology accessible, then you should have no trouble
finding blind people who can and will be happy to work in your call
center...  In anty situation, ultimately, accessibility is the name of the
game...