interfacing an Emacspeak speech server with Speakup

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 12 16:57:55 EST 2004

Hi
No, speakup can't do this as of yet. Yasr can, but it isn't always stable.
Yasr can be found at
http://yasr.sf.net/
I'm attempting to figure out how to get speechd to communicate with the dectalk through its generic driver, which would make it possible to use it with speakup,
but I'm not having much luck with this.

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:43:40 -0600, Stephen Clower wrote:

>Hi folks,
>  I have sucessfully gotten Emacs up and running with Emacspeak. I am now curious to know if I can somehow interface Speakup with the dtk-soft
Emacspeak speech server?