crossfaiding music aplications fore linux that work with speakup?

Scott Berry scott at drscott.dyndns.biz
Fri Mar 12 15:04:16 EST 2004

Hi Shawn,

Crossfading is simpley when you listen to two songs on the radio for
example and at the end of one you hear another begin to play this is
what the cross fade effect does.  It in simple terms lowers the volume
on one track and begins bringing up the volume when it is supposed to on
the next track.  Now also along with this goes also no gaps.  This fits
in the picture this way.

Example:

You have "song a" and "song b" set up in your playlist.  If you have the
crosfading app this is what it does in layman terms.  First it waits
until very very very close to the end of the first song then at this
very very very end it reduces the volume and as we reduce the volume we
also are making sure there are not much or any gaps between our songs.
Now as the new song comes in it is faded just a bit but it is above our
hearing range so we don't actually hear the fade.  This fade is not long
at all just enough to work with what ever gap killer is in effect and
then we come out with a good cross fade as long as the app is descently
written.  Probably more than you wanted to know but I worked as a dj and
had to learn all the terms and how to use them.