radio automation programs that work with speakup?

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Fri Mar 12 13:28:10 EST 2004

type man cron
cron is something which allows you to schedule all kinds of things.  You'll find
with linux sometimes to do certain tasks, it involves several programs.  The
theory, not that you care, is that you have a program which is really good at
doing scheduling, another program which is good at playing streams, and another
program which is really good at making 2 programs work together.  Sometimes you
may want to do this often enough you make a little program which contains those
commands.  Learning about the pipe written as (|) with out the parenthesis, and
about man and bourneshell pronounced bornshell scripts will go a long way
towards automation of current tasksIf you're not a programmer and don't want to
learn don't worry, I'm sure one of us could code for a small fee.  Sorry about
the rant but I thought I'd give you a few pointers sinse you're new.
Sean